January 4, 2021 - Important Instructions Regarding COVID-19 Testing Kits
TAKE YOUR EVERLYWELL COVID-19 TEST 5 DAYS PRIOR TO ARRIVING ON CAMPUS. READ FULL INSTRUCTIONS BELOW.
You will soon receive an Everlywell COVID-19 test kit. These kits are being provided to all students who plan to return to campus in any way. Read the instructions below very carefully, to make sure you take the test at the proper time.
All students who plan to return to campus, both those living in campus residences and those living elsewhere but who may be present on campus for any reason, MUST provide Duquesne University Health Services with proof of a negative COVID-19 test.
Individuals who do not provide the University with proof of a negative test will not be able to move in to residences, attend in-person classes on campus, or visit any other campus offices or buildings.
WHEN TO TAKE THE TEST
- Students moving into a residence on Duquesne’s campus should plan to take the test and mail it, on the same day, 5 days prior to their anticipated move-in date.
- Students living off campus must take the test and mail it, on the same day, 5 days prior to attending their first in-person class.
- Once a student takes the test, it is imperative that all students quarantine with immediate household members only until their return to campus.
- If you take the test more than five days prior to arriving on campus, you will have to obtain another negative test result yourself and provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test to the University prior to returning to campus.
- Students who obtain test results personally should be uploaded into the Patient Portal, as with immunization records.
- Keep the test secure until you know when to take it.
WHAT TO DO WITH RESULTS
After you take the test and mail it to the provider, Everlywell will provide results directly to students and to the University. The University will maintain the information with other student records, respecting confidentiality. If you test positive, Everlywell will provide instructions for next steps.
Any student who tests positive should not return to campus until isolation is completed and they are cleared by Duquesne University Health Services (DUHS).
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention instructs persons who have tested positive and completed isolation for COVID-19, NOT be retested for 90 days. If you have tested positive and completed isolation in the 90 days prior to return to campus you are exempt from Duquesne’s re-test requirements. You MUST contact and provide University Health Services with verification of test and completion of isolation, prior to return to campus.
If you have questions related to this testing plan, please contact Duquesne University Health Services at email@example.com or 412.396.1650. More details about Duquesne’s plans for the spring semester are forthcoming. Please stay safe and enjoy the holiday season.
Thank you for your continued excellent work that advances the health of safety of our Duquesne community!